You are here

Complaints and compliments

Have we got it right?

If we have, we'd love to hear from you. If not, please tell us - your feedback is vital to ensure our services meet and exceed your expectations.

Who to contact

Post: You can write to us or download the complaints and comments form below and send it to us at

Complaints Officer
Wycombe District Council
Queen Victoria Road
High Wycombe
Bucks HP11 1BB

Complaints about all highways and public footpaths including gritting of roads and pavements

If you have a complaint or comment about road or public footpath repairs or maintenance within Bucks, these are the responsibility of Buckinghamshire County Council and not Wycombe District Council. You can contact their Highways on Call service on 0845 230 2882 or email:

Housing complaints

Red Kite Community Housing now provide housing services for this district. Complaints about all housing services other than homelessness, housing applications and strategic housing should now be directed to Red Kite. A copy of their complaints procedure is attached below, and complaints can be sent by email to: or you can phone 01494 476 100.


All complaints will be investigated thoroughly and fairly. We aim to acknowledge all correspondence within three working days and fully respond within ten. If the matter is complicated, we may need longer to fully investigate. We will tell you if more time is required.

The manager involved may also bring your comments or complaints to their team meeting to be reviewed.

Here is the complaints procedure:

  1. Contact the manager of the service concerned (see "Who to contact" above). If you are still unhappy with the response
  2. Contact the head of service. They will either investigate or appoint another person to investigate.
  3. If you are dissatisfied with the head of service's response, you may want to contact the Local Government Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is unlikely to consider your complaint unless it has been fully investigated by us first (to head of service level) and we have responded to you.

Local Government Ombudsman

The Local Government Ombudsman is an independent body appointed to review the actions taken by councils.

You can contact them using the details below. You can also use one of the forms forms available in our main reception, Marlow and Princes Risborough offices or download a form from the Ombudsman website (see link below).

  • Phone: Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5pm, 0845 602 1983
  • Address: Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
  • Website: How to make a complaint (link opens in new window)
  • Text: 0762 480 4323

Please see the documents at the bottom of the page, to download the Local Government Ombudsmen 2010 - 2011 Annual Letter and Statistics.

There are some things we can't change

By law, we can't change some of our actions or procedures, but we are always happy to explain these. We can also direct you to your local MP or councillor if you are unhappy about policies or decisions.

Special procedures


You can appeal if you do not agree with the amount of your council tax benefit or housing benefit. Please contact: Appeals Officer, Benefits Section, PO Box 513, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP11 1DA or phone the benefits helpline on 01494 421 235.

Council tax and business rates

More information about council tax and business rates. You can also email or phone council tax: 01494 421 324 or business rates: 01494 421 060.

Council housing and waiting or transfer list

All properties are allocated on a points basis in line with the council's applications and allocations policy and procedures document (available free of charge from our offices). If you feel that your application for housing has not been assessed in line with the policy, you can request a review. Requests for review should be made in writing to: PA to the Head of Homes and Housing, Wycombe District Council, Queen Victoria Road, High Wycombe, Bucks HP11 1BB.



If we have refused your planning application you can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate. Please contact the case officer in Planning and Sustainability if you need advice. Phone planning reception: 01494 421 589.

Documents to download

Contact information