Statement of accounts
The general principles adopted in compiling the accounts are those recommended by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), as contained within the Statement of Recommended Practice on Local Authority Accounting in Great Britain. The accounts comply with all relevant standards covered by the Code of Practice.
The 2011-12 accounts have been prepared in accordance with that Code of Practice. 2010-11 comparators have been amended where necessary under the code. A third balance sheet as at 1 April 2010 is also presented in accordance with the code.
The statement of accounts comprise:
- A comprehensive Income and Expenditure Statement: this records income and expenditure on all services and is the authority's main revenue account.
- A Movement in Reserves Statement which reconciles the Comprehensive Income and Expenditure account to the true surplus position for the authority. It also shows movements between the major reserves.
- A Consolidated balance sheet: this shows the financial position of the authority at the end of each financial year. All reserve balances are included within the consolidated balance sheet.
- Cash flow statement: this summarises movements in cash over all the council's activities during the year.
- Housing revenue account: this shows income and expenditure arising from the authority's housing landlord function.
- Collection fund: this shows income from council tax and business rates (NNDR) along with precepts paid to Buckinghamshire County Council, Thames Valley Police Authority, Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority and Wycombe District Council.
- The accounts are supported by the statement of accounting policies used in compiling them, as well as various notes to explain further some of the figures presented.
Audit Committee's approval of the statement of annual accounts
The 2011-12 accounts have been approved by our Head of Financial Services and Audit Committee. You can view the agendas, minutes and tabled auditors report under Audit Committee meetings.
Browse meetings papers for the Audit Committee
See the Calender of meetings for meeting dates.
Conclusion of accounts Audit
Notice is hereby given that pursuant to Section 24 of the Local Government Finance Act 1982, the Audit regulations 2011 and the Audit Commission Act 1998:
1. From Monday 8 October 2012 between 8.45am and 4.45pm any interested local elector may inspect and make copies of the accounts of the Council, including the Auditors' report, for the year ended 31 March 2012.
2. From Monday 8 October 2012 any interested local elector may request that copies of the accounts be delivered to him upon payment of a fee for each copy.
3. From Monday 8 October 2012 any interested local elector may view the Statement of Accounts below.
Any interested local elector should contact Mr S Richardson at the address below.
District Council Offices
Queen Victoria Road
Should you have any queries or require any assistance please contact our Accountancy Team on 01494 421316