Dangerous wild animals
A licence is required by anyone who owns an animal specified in the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.
Apply for a licence
Dangerous wild animals licence application [PDF | 23KB].
Please complete and return to us with the application fee. See our animal licence fees page for details.
- Animals will be kept in suitable accommodation which is escape-proof and suitable as regards constructions, size, temperature, lighting, ventilation, drainage, cleanliness and appropriate to the number of animals to be accommodated
- The animal will be supplied with suitable food, drink and bedding and shall be visited at suitable intervals
- The animal is able to take adequate exercise within its accommodation
- Adequate fire precautions have been taken to ensure the animals safety in the case of fire
- All reasonable precautions have been taken to prevent the spread of infectious or contagious diseases
We will shall specify such conditions in the licence that appear necessary to meet the licence requirements.